1. Over 53 consensus nodes and 600 storage nodes have been successfully registered since the release of the CESS testnet v0.5.0 on Aug 9th, The effective storage space of the current testnet has exceeded 11 TiB.
2. Great development progress in storage miners, consensus nodes, etc.
Project Development Details:
1. Storage Miner
Storage Miner Bucket
- Fixed the problem where the bucket_v0.5.0 local disk space increased but the space on-chain did not increase. The transaction failed due to insufficient funds of some consensus nodes.
- Fixed the problem that after using the update_address command in bucket_v0.5.0, the state command did not display the address, because the address was not base58 encoded.
- Added the blacklist function. The system adds nodes with insufficient balance or offline status to the blacklist, and the blacklist will be automatically cleared after 60 minutes.
- Released cess-bucket v0.5.1 and updated the readme.
2. Consensus Miner
- Fixed the problem that the update command failed when the scheduler v0.2.0 parsed the configuration file.
- Fixed the issue that the logs of scheduler v0.2.0 were not initialized, which sometimes caused an error when using the register command.
- Fixed the issue that the updated scheduling IP logs did not initialize.
- Fixed the problem where abnormality happened during registration.
- Fixed the verification timed out problem.
- Fixed the failed transaction issue in scheduler v0.2.0 due to insufficient balance. It will automatically exit if the balance is less than 2 CESS.
- Optimized the scheduling cache logic, no longer cache offline miners. The information miners updated will be synchronized and shown when inquired.
- Released cess-scheduler v0.2.1.
- Completed the scheduler credit system of consensus nodes, so that the scheduler perform in a fair environment;
- Intel’s SGX of the storage proof library is connected to CESS.
3. Block Explorer
- Fixed the problem that the browser did not display the block addresses, and made it compatible with other chains.
- The CESS V0.5.0 testnet was launched on August 9th. Storage nodes exceeded 600 as of the end of last week.
- The effective storage capacity of the entire network has exceeded 11TiB.
If you encounter any issues building a node, please seek assistance on CESS Discord.
The miner reward event for the CESS testnet continued as storage and consensus miners can earn points by participating. Points can be exchanged for CESS tokens when the mainnet launches. Click here for details.
1. On August 27th, CESS co-founder Jessie Dai was invited to participate in the Substrate Saturday event organized by OneBlock. Jessie shared her opinion: although Web3 developed well in the bull market in 2021, its prosperity has also been mixed with bubbles due to excessive financialization and poor infrastructure. A mature and solid infrastructure is fundamental to long-term success. The developing new public chains and projects are facing a completely different market environment. Whether the momentum can continue is yet to be determined. Additionally, Jessie believed that with the increase in the diversity and complexity of applications, the Web3 data infrastructure, including CESS will show strong and lasting vitality and continue to propel possibilities for Web3.
Feedback and Support
Your feedback matters! Please report issues at CIPs to share your thoughts with us! You can also connect with CESS through other developers in the developer community. We welcome your valuable insights and opinions.