1.14 consensus and 4182 storage nodes on testnet
2. Optimized DeOSS for better user experience
3. Launched Ambassador Program
4. Passed all milestones for W3F Grants
5. Join forces with Hamster project
Project Development Details:
V0.5.3 is the current testnet which consists of consensus and storage nodes. Consensus nodes maintain the world state of the CESS network and serve as the data scheduling station in the network. Storage nodes are responsible for providing verifiable storage space and act as the data storage pool in the network. The following are the developments for this week.
Consensus Miner [v0.5.3]
Updated and cleaned up commented code for the sminer module [#113],
Added comments to the update_price and ownership_transfer methods in the file bank module [#114],
Adjusted the code structure for the on_initialize method in the segment book module [#115],
Successfully ran the Mid-level RA-TLS interface example in the storage proof library
Implemented key exchange functionality by calling relevant C language dynamic libraries in the storage proof library SGX Enclave,
Completed the design of the shared key scheme for the storage proof library.
To provide Web3 with practical storage services, the product ecosystem of the current CESS network is becoming more robust and prosperous. Innovative applications such as decentralized object storage service (DeOSS), online file sharing tool (DeShare), and public chain snapshot storage service have been incubated. Users can experience these functions.
Decentralized Object Storage Service (DeOSS)
Shortened the length of file sharing links, making them more shareable and saving space for users.
Optimized the front-end UI to further enhance the user experience.
CESS Cloud Disk
Completed testing of file encryption and decryption functions
Began building front-end components, completing the development of basic modules.
CESS continues to contribute to the vitality and development of the Polkadot ecosystem and has joined programs such as the Substrate Builders Program (SBP) and W3F Grants. The following are developments for this week:
Uploaded the defense presentation video to an online video platform, currently supporting viewing videos on Videown and Streamable platforms.
Confirmed and submitted the SBP-M3-Review materials.
Accomplish Milestone 3 delivery, signifying the formal graduation from the W3F Grants project with the Substats project a blockchain browser framework.
14 consensus nodes and 4182 storage nodes registered with almost 75.13 tib effective storage space after the v0.5.3 testnet was launched. More details on the blockchain explorer.
If you encounter any issues building a node, please seek assistance on CESS Discord.
The miner reward event for the CESS testnet continued as storage and consensus miners can earn points by participating. Points can be exchanged for CESS tokens when the mainnet launches. Latest miner reward list.
1. CESS and Hamster are teaming up to enhance web3 project development. Their expertise in decentralized storage and DevOps will streamline the development process, empowering developers with the necessary tools to take their projects to new heights. This partnership represents a significant step forward for the web3 ecosystem, with a positive impact expected for the community. Click here for details.
2. The CESS ambassador program has been launched on Mar 8th. During the first 3 days, we have received over 30 applications from over 10 countries. We are thrilled by the enthusiastic response, which reflects the growing interest in CESS and the Web3 ecosystem. We invite you to join this momentum by submitting your application below and becoming an ambassador in our community. Join here.
Feedback and Support
Your feedback matters! Please report issues at CIPs to share your thoughts with us! You can also connect with CESS through other developers in the developer community. We welcome your valuable insights and opinions.