1. Over 52 consensus nodes and 500 storage nodes have been successfully registered since the release of the CESS testnet v0.5.0 on Aug 9th, The effective storage space of the current testnet has exceeded 5 TiB.
2. Great development progress in storage miners, scheduling nodes, gateways, a new version of blockchain explorer, etc.
Project Development Details:
1. Storage Miner
Storage Miner Bucket
- Optimized the judgment of miner status: stop the miner’s space verification and file storage operations if this miner is in frozen status.
- Optimized the matching logic in scheduling: connect automatically when the miner client queries that the number of connections for the scheduler is less than 5.
- Optimized the logic of submitting proofs: when the miner client is disconnected from the scheduler, a new round of proofs are submitted after automatic reconnection.
2. Consensus Miner
- Fixed the issue where the schedulers occasionally failed to submit the proofs.
- Optimized the code: separated the module code into individual Task directories so that the RPC interfaces are separated.
- Optimized the logic of proof verification: it will not continue to verify the proofs submitted by the miners who quit, and consequently the submitted proofs will not pass.
- Updated the miner list to display the income address as the primary key;
- Display the detailed information of the miner’s staking address when searching for the income address.
- Added the function of pinning articles to the top.
- Improved the file upload function.
- The CESS V0.5.0 testnet was launched on August 9th. Storage nodes exceeded 500 as of the end of last week.
- The effective storage capacity of the entire network has exceeded 5TiB.
If you encounter any issues building a node, please seek assistance on CESS Discord.
The miner reward event for the CESS testnet continued as storage and consensus miners can earn points by participating. Points can be exchanged for CESS tokens when the mainnet launches. Click here for details.
1. CESS launched the third round of “Guess to Win” airdrop events. Participants guess the power of the first-ranked storage miner at a specific time. Three participants who guessed the closest to the actual answers each round respectively received 500, 300, and 200 CESS token rewards.
2. On August 16th, UTC, NTT Data, a world-renowned IT technology service provider, introduced CESS at the Crypto Monday event held by the Argentine developer community (ANDINO also participated in the event). The developer community also conducted a research event on the CESS white paper. As the first decentralized storage network that can provide data services to both Web2 and Web3 large-scale commercial applications, CESS is exploring business opportunities and partners in the Web2 field while promoting the adoption of Web3 projects.
3. At 3 PM on August 18th UTC, CESS participated in the Polkadot Community Call. CESS’s marketing director, Molly Zhang, shared the recent development and community operation development of CESS with the Polkadot community. Click here to listen to the recorded call.
Feedback and Support
Your feedback matters! Please report issues at CIPs to share your thoughts with us! You can also connect with CESSthrough other developers in the developer community. We welcome your valuable insights and opinions.