1. The development of v0.5.1 has been completed and is being optimized.
2. Over 53 consensus nodes and 663 storage nodes have been successfully registered since the release of the CESS testnet v0.5.0 on Aug 9th, The effective storage space of the current testnet has exceeded 17 TiB.
3. Great development progress in consensus nodes, blockchain explorer, etc.
Project Development Details:
1. Consensus Miner
Revised the SGX (Intel Software Guard Extension) version of the storage proof library, and optimized the code. SGX provides userspace’s trusted execution environment via hardware-based attestation, and does not depend upon the safety status of the software. The CESS storage system uses SGX to ensure data security and confidentiality of the files and certification data.
Developed the consensus mechanism credit score model, so that the scheduler can work in a fair environment;
Optimized the algorithm of consensus nodes. The calculation method is 20% weight of VRF random number + 80% weight of reputation score. The rotating consensus nodes are selected according to the scores from high to low.
Modified the implementation of the scheduler’s credit score Pallet: Since the off-chain worker is used when calling to obtain the credit score, the on-chain status cannot be directly changed. Therefore, the credit score is not calculated by cycle, and a large cycle is defaulted.
Completed the internal process scheme of the optimized SGX proof library, the SGX proof library integrated with the CESS design scheme, and completed the design of the interface for scheduler and SGX combination scheme.
Completed scheduler credit score coding and unit testing;
Completed the debugging of the RRSC consensus and the scheduler credit score module which ran as expected;
Optimized CESS v0.5.1:
2.1. Adjusted the Oracle transaction process, which is now available to all on-duty consensus nodes.
2.2. Replaced the Polkadot consensus module with the credit score module.
2.3. Transactional support for completing transactions;
2.4. Improved the block generation time from 3s to 6s.
3. Blockchain Explorer
Revised the application proposal based on the guidelines given by the W3F fund for “Substats” the blockchain explorer.
Fixed the abnormal display of staking after switching RRSC, due to the problem with asynchronization and the calculation of and sessionInfo era Progress.
Fixed the issue where the block generator did not display on the homepage.
4. Official Website:
Optimized the functions from the backend, solved the file uploading problem in the medium editor, and replaced the medium editor.
Optimized the options bar, some options were changed to optional.
Optimized the visualization of the UI design.
The CESS V0.5.0 testnet was launched on August 9th. Storage nodes exceeded 650 as of the end of last week.
The effective storage capacity of the entire network has exceeded 18 TiB.
If you encounter any issues building a node, please seek assistance on CESS Discord.
The miner reward event for the CESS testnet continued as storage and consensus miners can earn points by participating. Points can be exchanged for CESS tokens when the mainnet launches. Click here for details.
1. CESS announced the launch of the “Pathfinder Campaign” (read article “【Pathfinder Campaign】Kicks Off — — A Glimpse of CESS’s the Global Events Agenda”)
2. CESS attended the Blockchain Rio Festival–the largest Web3 event in Brazil. CESS marketing manager John Humphreys-Ramos shared CESS’s technological achievements and gave an overall introduction about the project with the audience, including the advantages of CESS compared to other decentralized storage protocols and the impact of the network on the development of the Polkadot ecosystem. (read article: “CESS Decentralized Cloud-Based Data Storage Protocol Joins BlockchaIn Rio Festival 2022”)
3. CESS community operations manager from China branch, Andy Zou participated in the Polkadot online meeting hosted by PolkaWorld on September 1st. Andy expressed his views at the roundtable on the topic “The most needed infrastructure for Web3”. Andy addressed that currently the ability to process data has been suboptimal yet the most fundamental for the development of Web3. As a new-gen decentralized cloud storage network, CESS is not only capable of empowering the development of the Polkadot ecosystem, but also for the entire Web3 and eventually will become a key storage infrastructure component for the future Internet.
Feedback and Support
Your feedback matters! Please report issues at CIPs to share your thoughts with us! You can also connect with CESS through other developers in the developer community. We welcome your valuable insights and opinions.