1. 20 consensus nodes and 2100 storage nodes registered with 14 TiB verified storage space. Details.
2. DeOSS(decentralized object storage service) was optimized and improved
3. Completed most design work for CESS v0.6.
4. CESS co-founder and COO Jessie Dai participated in the first workshop of the Polkadot Winter Hackathon.
5. CESS’s potential partnership with AWS
6. The 3rd of the series of five QuizzCESS challenges took place on Discord. Click here for details.
Project Development Details:
Solved the memory leak problem in scheduler, completed node upgrades, completed and tested design documents. Details:
Completed the online upgrade of nodes and adjusted the consensus penalty mechanism.
Completed the recent events test of the consensus nodes, and the result was normal.
Completed the detailed design document of CESS v0.6 scheduler.
Tested the new operating mode and completed the design documents. Details:
Experimented with light node operation mode and fast mode. Result: synchronization speed was significantly accelerated and the database was significantly smaller.
Completed the detailed design document of CESS v0.6 storage miner.
Completed the file upload test, the new function design and document update. Details:
Completed the document design of the file status real-time tracking and file transfer function, now entering the development stage.
Tested and analyzed the work efficiency improvement using new modes such as light nodes.
Updated the cess-oss design document and added the file status tracking description.
Fixed the inaccurate pricing for purchasing storage space problems.
Researched and used SGX and new algorithm ideas to optimize data slicing function.
Completed the first draft of the detailed design of all processes for random challenges, rewards and punishments mechanisms, and sorted out the patents from the design documents.
Summarized two solutions for “Local Data Synchronization on Blockchain Network and Storage Nodes.”
Optimized the CESS Substrate browser and added monitoring function for 6 types of on-chain transactions.
20 consensus nodes and 2100 storage nodes registered with almost 14 tib effective storage space within 12 days after the v0.5.3 testnet was launched. More details on the blockchain explorer.
If you encounter any issues building a node, please seek assistance on CESS Discord.
The miner reward event for the CESS testnet continued as storage and consensus miners can earn points by participating. Points can be exchanged for CESS tokens when the mainnet launches. Click here for details.
1. CESS co-founder and COO Jessie Dai participated in the first workshop of the Polkadot Winter Hackathon. Jessie shared the advantages of CESS and the differences between CESS and other decentralized storage projects in the roundtable discussion, as well as her viewpoints on future breakthroughs and new application scenarios of the decentralized storage. In addition, as the champion of the previous Polkadot Hackathon, CESS also shared the development progress this year and suggestions with teams participating in the Hackathon this year..
2. Andy Zou, head of CESS China, participated in the “Web3 New Journey–Summit Gathering” hosted by Amazon Cloud Technology and TinTin. Andy gave a speech on the theme “How CESS Decentralized Object Storage Services (DeOSS) facilitate the development of Web3”, and mentioned CESS’s potential partnership with AWS and its willingness to join APN.
3. The third of the series of five QuizzCESS challenges took place on Telegram. Chance to win 20 USDT by answering simple questions about CESS. Three winners will be randomly picked after a week when it ends. Click here for details.
Feedback and Support
Your feedback matters! Please report issues at CIPs to share your thoughts with us! You can also connect with CESSthrough other developers in the developer community. We welcome your valuable insights and opinions.