1. CESS testnet new iteration v0.5.4 is launching next week!
2. The file upload function is available on CESS official website.
3.CESS introduces a seamless solution for Damus users to share pictures and videos instantly.
4. CESS co-founder met with AWS for a better data privacy and security solution.
Project Development Details:
Completed the development of CESS v0.5.4:
Added SGX service to the scheduler and updated the proof-of-storage algorithm.
Completed the development of CESS v0.5.4 version scheduler, as well as the writing and optimization of deployment scripts.
Completed the CESS v0.5.4 version consensus miner new storage proof interface adaptation and test network deployment
Completed the development of CESS v0.5.4.
DeOSS (Decentralized Object Storage Service)
Updated file upload/download functionality:
Updated the file upload functionality, links of stored files provided for re downloading or replaying videos.
Updated the file download functionality, directly returning a binary file stream and its corresponding format.
Fixed the issue of video file link not being able to play on Safari browser.
Proof of Storage
Completed the integration of the public storage proof algorithm:
Completed the integration of the storage proof library with the CESS v0.5.4 version scheduler.
Developed and debugged the rust language version of the storage proof algorithm.
Completed the deployment configuration and script writing of the storage proof algorithm.
The file upload function is available on CESS official website.
The main development task of milestone 3 of the W3F Grants project has been completed.
Development, debugging, and testing of milestone 3 of the SBP Grants project have been completed.
The preliminary design and first detail optimization of the new version of CESS v0.6 have been completed.
15 consensus nodes and 3620 storage nodes registered with almost 62.70 tib effective storage space within 98 days after the v0.5.3 testnet was launched. More details on the blockchain explorer.
If you encounter any issues building a node, please seek assistance on CESS Discord.
The miner reward event for the CESS testnet continued as storage and consensus miners can earn points by participating. Points can be exchanged for CESS tokens when the mainnet launches. Click here for details.
1. Jessie Dai, co-founder of CESS, had an in-person meeting with AWS to discuss how CESS’s DeOSS (decentralized object storage service) can work with AWS S3 for improved data privacy protection and secure data storage. During the meeting, they explored potential solutions for ensuring better security and privacy for data stored in the cloud. The aim was to find a way to incorporate CESS’s DeOSS technology with AWS S3 to provide customers with a highly secure and reliable storage option for their sensitive information.
2. CESS introduces DeShare, a seamless solution for Damus users to share pictures and videos instantly. Users upload files to the CESS website and receive URL links to post on Damus without login. Experience fast, convenient sharing for all your content with the added security of CESS’s reliable storage solutions! (Read “Simultaneous Picture and Video Sharing to Damus with CESS” for more details.)
3. CESS attended the last event at Polkadot Blockchain Academy in Buenos Aires. CESS further sparked the interest of attendees and made for a successful event. CESS continues to educate and engage with the wider community, benefiting the project and furthering its success.
Feedback and Support
Your feedback matters! Please report issues at CIPs to share your thoughts with us! You can also connect with CESS through other developers in the developer community. We welcome your valuable insights and opinions.